Optalysys is part of a major project led by the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF) to develop the next generation platform for numerical weather prediction.
- Part of a major collaboration project to develop world-class, extreme-scale computing capabilities for European operational numerical weather prediction (Project ESCAPE).
- Led by the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF) and involving 10 other organisations.
- An exascale HPC system using Optalysys technology that can run the next generation of numerical weather prediction algorithms in an energy-efficient way.
- Successfully awarded a €4m grant by the European Commission through its Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme.
- Started 1st October 2015.
- See project website for most recent updates.